Tuesday, March 12, 2013


Pieces of life-1
          I knew you knew that I liked her. Frankly speaking I was in her love. It was not possible me to express but it was a truth. I must accept, her appearance could make me happy and it was the only mood changing phenomenon for me. Her absence or delay in college used to made me restless. It resulted in bunking daily periods. A sincere and regular student like me, now, becomes a subject of wide discussion. Many rumors were spread like an uncontrolled hurricane that had no mercy for me. Some said I have lost my temper, some where blaming my ever growing closeness with the boys who have not good reputation in college. Some blamed my sound economical status and criticized as, ‘Money spoils youngsters.’ But, yet, they express concern for me as, ‘It is unfortunate.It should not have happened with me.’
I was also confused about the changing pattern of my day today life. Irregularity was become a key-word to refer me. I used to stay in my own world. Not a single moment could have passed without her thought. She had filled up my universe. I started to see her in every substance I came across. She was everywhere. On blackboard, in the face of my teacher, in my books, on the moving leaves of the tree and where not? But I had not any daring to talk her or utter even a single word before her. That is what I could do was to observe her keeping a long distance from her and dreaming for hours and hours,restlessly,without caring time and space. Air was filled up with her fragrance. Nature had borrowed its beauty from her. Her melodious voice was not human, but it was blessed. In those days, I always felt, she was not from this world; she was an angel, Gods special creation.
Sometime, I had observed in the premises of my college, thousands of eyes were chasing her. It brought a wave of jealous in my mind. I used to get angry for a while. My heart was running with uncontrollable breathings. Many thoughts came to destroy my peace of mind. A day came when I had lost my temper.I caught her speaking with a boy, an unknown creature whom I had not seen ever before. They were talking over a cup of tea in college canteen. She was laughing, holding a cup with one hand and picking up her hairs those playing with her chicks and placing them forcefully behind ears. I felt jealous for those hairs. How nice, if I could have been one of them. She was very busy; both were looking familiar to each other for long time. But who was he? It was not fair that she spend her time in this way. What will people think? I could not endure if anybody expresses bad words for her. I would kill him. People have tendency of searching issues for gossip. They make mockery on others. She might be become a victim. But she should be careful about that. It was better if she should not sit in canteen with any unknown boy. I was standing here in the shades of a tree that quiet away from them. From there, she could not see me, but everything was visible to me. And then it shocked me when I saw, they rose up and went towards parking area. I observed them with extreme curiosity, both were looking very happy in each other’s company. He touched her hand while walking. She also responded and fondled his middle finger .Breathlessly, I was observing everything. And he picked up his bike, dragged it out of the parking and kicked it. She also sat delicately on the back seat placing her palm on his shoulder. She was sitting very close to him; even air could not pass between them.
She was executing his directions, I meticulously observed. On his demand, she again moved ahead and just stick to his back then put her feather like hand on his thigh. I was looking everything like a dark and horrifying nightmare. I was helpless, devastated. He twisted accelerator and run the bike speedily. I felt, he was crushing my heart under his bike. Some drops gathered in the corner of my eyes. I was seeing them without a movement of my eyelid. They were riding on bike, but I felt they were swiming in my tears…..




No comments: