Thursday, April 16, 2020

#Reading

            We are surviving through times like we have never known before; within few days many things entered in our life to make it changed forever. I turned to be a serious reader, made a list of the books that I would read in lockdown and there after.
            Here, generally, I prefer to write about the book once I turned its last page. But today, I feel to say something about it before I starting to read. Don't know how but this Japanese writer has been made tremendous impact on writing and my approach towards literature as a whole. Haruki Murakami is the writer I am talking about and the novel that I have started to read is 'Kafa on the shore'.
           Actually, I like to read many books simultaneously. Presently, I'm reading two books. 'Sapiens: a brief history of mankind' by Yuval Noah Harari, one of the greatest historian of our time and second book is 'Tell her everything', a novel by Mirza Waheed. Both titles are having different genres. But, Yes, let me tell, they are remarkable. First one, as it's title suggests, it is a story of human being and widely talked about book in the world. Other is a fiction. The story is being told by a father to his daughter. Written in very simple English, this novel gripped me from its first page.(Though I had downloaded the book on my Kindle when I read somewhere that this title is the winner of much coveted The Hindu literary prize this year. Ereyestrday, I started to read it.)
          Yes! Now, I was talking about Murakami, who always missed to win Nobel prize (almost every year his name is discussed in media.) Now I have not much to say about 'Kafka on the Shore'. I have its hard copy in my hand, that I had purchased seven years back and planned many times to read it. I think lockdown is the good muharth for that.)
           I know I would take a week or a fortnight to finish this bulky book having 615 pages, because I have a tendency to ruminate on whatever I read. I underline the sentence which I found impressive in the book. Sometimes, like to go back to reread or make notes, if I feel so. It takes so much time to finish the book. But this way I enjoy reading and for me, reading becomes a learnable activity.
Wait for a while, Let you know about the book, once it will be finished.
                   
 @Vishal Tayade

No comments: